To MacGregor Industrial Supplies, the word community means more than being situated in the North of Scotland. It means engaging with our customers and suppliers, ensuring we deliver the quality of service that we pride ourselves on and most importantly; using our size and influence to help causes get the recognition they deserve.
MacGregor’s Contribution to Charity
In 2017, as a company, we managed to raise over £6,500 for charity. This does not include the toys donated to MFR Cash For Kids or even the food donated to the Moray Food Bank. This was purely down to the staff hosting various activities to raise funds for charities close to their hearts. Some of the charities and organisations we have given funds to include: Maggie’s, The Archie Foundation, MFR Cash for Kids, Highland Hospice, Scottish SPCA, Macmillan Cancer Support, Charlie’s Fight, Marie Curie, Chest Heart & Stroke Scotland and more.
Here are some ways that our members of staff were able to raise money for these causes throughout our branches:
- Our purchasing team held weekly raffles with the proceeds going to charity.
- There were several internal prize draw competitions ran throughout the year for a variety of prizes.
- We hosted a MacMillan’s Coffee Morning where our staff made cakes and brought them in to share.
- Nearer Christmas our Clothing team held a Bake sale to aid MFR Cash For Kids.
- A number of staff ran in various sponsored runs such as; the loch ness 10k and Manchester 10K.
- In our Ironmongery & Fixings department, Angus hosts a tuck shop for staff who need an afternoon sugar boost with all donations going to charity.
- Our Divisional Stock Control & Warehouses Manager, Colin Grant, took part in the Highland Hospice Everest Cycle. This saw him cycle 430 miles (the height of Everest) around the North of Scotland.
Other Charitable Contributions
As well as collecting money we also became a registered gift drop point for MFR Cash for Kids in their Mission Christmas initiative and our Clothing, Branding and Schoolwear departments helped in their back to school appeal. Another activity our Elgin branch embarked on was collecting food for the Moray Foodbank, which turned out to be very successful.
Here’s to More In 2018
Overall, we try to give back to the community, helping those in need when we can and constantly try to ensure that it manifests itself into our organisational culture throughout the business. Unfortunately, you can’t always help everyone but hopefully we’re doing our part to make some of those affected life’s a little easier. Here’s going forward into 2018 and hopefully we can continue to support these great causes.