MacGregor Washroom Services
In addition to our Hygiene & Catering Division, MIS offer a complete hygiene solution, compliant with the relevant statutory regulations. Our washroom services include Sanitary Bin Collection and Disposal, Nappy Bin Collection/Disposal, Matting, and Air Fragrance Units.
Are sanitary waste disposal bins required by law?
All businesses in the UK are legally required to provide appropriate facilities for the collection and disposal of sanitary products in the washroom, as outlined in The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations Act 1992 and the Environmental Protection Act 1990. Also, the Water Industries Act 1991, which states that no items should be flushed that could cause a build-up or blockage in a sewer or drain system. If adequate sanitary bins are not provided, this can be the only solution for staff and/or customers. Failure to adhere to the rules and regulations outlined in these acts can lead to hefty fines.
Who can empty workplace sanitary bins?
Under the “Duty of Care” Act, there is a legal requirement for businesses to manage sanitary waste up to the point of disposal. Simply put, employees cannot be made responsible for disposing of the waste themselves.
All sanitary waste must be handled by a licensed carrier, MacGregor Washroom Services being one of these.
Why choose MacGregor Washroom Services?
- We are a local family business with a proven reputation.
- We can tailor your service to meet your individual needs.
- There are no hidden costs.
- We will provide the best service at a very competitive price.
- A waste transfer note will be provided at every visit, at no extra cost.
- Our services include Feminine Hygiene Disposal, Vending, Air Fresheners etc.
- At MacGregors, we already provide a wide range of Hand Dryers, Soap Systems, Toilet Roll and Hand Towel Systems, therefore we can provide for all your washroom requirements.